Course PN-K (Personal Narrative)
Open to students who completed kindergarten during the 2017-18 school year.
This course is limited to 10 students.
Instructor: Marissa Ware
This course is designed to support kindergarten students in beginning story writing. Strategies taught will be:
- Review of letter/sound relationships
- Review of kindergarten sight words in writing
- Oral storytelling
- Telling a story through pictures and labels
- Stretching out sounds in a word
- Organizing a story with a beginning, middle, and end
- Stretching a story across 3 pages
Students will publish one story by the end of the class.